Intention (SMART Goal)
I want to create fun little game where you have a little noise maker that you can make music with by changing the pitch by moving your mouse up or down when holding your mouse down. I want to make this a 3D experience based off of the Garry’s Mod addon known as the wowozela.
PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY
Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)
Macklin Guy is the founder of the company PixelTail Games. PixelTail Games is working on a project known as Tower Unite. Tower Unite is an online social virtual world experience where you can meet with your friends, play games, and make new friends. Macklin has been a developer for over a decade, starting with gamemode development on Garry’s Mod, he made a big hit gamemode called GMod Tower, which then became it’s own standalone game known as Tower Unite. Macklin is a fast paced developer who always makes prototypes of ideas that come to his head, and improves upon them to see if they will work or not. He is a pretty successful person with a small development team with just over 10 people.
This playlist is a list of tutorials for the software known as Unity. This playlist has all sorts of tutorials on how to use the program, such as UI, code, implementing art, builds, etc.
- Pick my role
- Write my goal
- Watch some video tutorials
- Make a prototype on Construct 3
- Improve upon the prototype to get a functional product
- Implement this into Unity
- Improve upon the Unity prototype
- Add changeable pitch by changing mouse pitch
- Add more sounds
- Add a environment to work with when playing music
- Fix bugs
- Test builds
- Fix bugs with the build
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 until there are minimal minor bugs
- Finish up the blog post
- Make a presentation
- Reflect on what can be done to improve my presentation, and the game itself